Programming .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (2nd Edition) 2nd Edition [eBook] [FCO]
“If you’re interested in developing for this burgeoning platform, there is no one better able to get you up-to-speed.”
–From the Foreword by Rob Tiffany, mobility architect, Microsoft
Completely revised and updated for .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and 3.5, Visual Studio 2008, and Windows Mobile Smart Phones, Programming .NET Compact Framework 3.5, Second Edition, teaches you how to write highly effective applications for handheld wireless devices with small screens, limited memory, and finite battery life.
This book is the definitive tutorial and reference for the .NET Compact Framework and Windows Mobile. If you’re interested in developing for this burgeoning platform, there is no one better able to get you up to speed than industry veterans, master programmers, and teachers Paul Yao and David Durant.
With this book you will learn how to
– Use each of the ten API sets available for Windows Mobile; when to use each; and, especially, when to use Win32 and the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and 3.5
– Write programs that make the most of a Windows Mobile device’s limited battery life
– Efficiently invoke Win32 APIs from the .NET Compact Framework
– Write exceptional, data-driven applications using data binding and .NET controls
– Manage device data with the object store, file I/O, and the registry
– Work with databases using ADO.NET and LINQ
– Synchronize mobile data with remote databases and the remote API
– Make a mobile device work with the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
– Create graphical output on Windows Mobile devices
If you want to learn Windows Mobile development but only have limited experience with the .NET Framework, this is the only book you need.
About the Author
Paul Yao is a principal with Enovative Energy Solutions, an energy services business that provides performance tuning services for businesses and nonprofit organizations looking to optimize their energy usage while minimizing their environmental impact. He is coauthor, with David Durant, of the first books published on Windows programming, .NET Compact Framework with C# and .NET Compact Framework with Visual Basic (both from Addison-Wesley) and has contributed to six books on various programming topics. He is founder of The Paul Yao Company (www.paulyao.com) and a founding board member of the Windows Embedded Developers Interest Group (www.we-dig.org).
David Durant is CEO of Durant Associates. David was an early proponent of .NET and is a frequent contributor to industry journals and forums. He is often on the road leading seminars on .NET-based technologies for corporate clients worldwide.
Author: Paul Yao (Author), David Durant (Contributor)
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional; 2nd edition (September 10, 2009)
Paperback: 740 pages
Format: True PDF