Coursera – Decentralized Finance (DeFi): The Future Of Finance Specialization [FCO]
Learn more about decentralized finance.. Understand the infrastructure of decentralized finance and assess opportunities in this space as well as screen out ideas that are likely to fail.
DeFi and the Future of Finance is a four course learning experience. DeFi or Decentralized Finance is a new technology whereby users interact as peers with algorithms or smart contracts rather than through traditional intermediaries such as banks, brokerages or insurance companies. The technology has the potential to transform finance as we know it. It solves key problems in traditional finance such as lack of inclusion, inefficiency, opacity, centralized control and lack of interoperability.
– The first course, DeFi Infrastructure, focuses on the historical evolution of decentralized finance as well as the problems that DeFi solves.
– The second course, DeFi Primitives, deals with mechanics, supply and ownership, and loans and swaps.
– The third course, DeFi Deep Dive, explores the leading protocols including MakerDAO, Compound, Aave, Uniswap and dYdX.
– The fourth course, DeFi Risks and Opportunities, analyzes the key risks including smart contract risk, governance risk, scaling as well as regulatory issues. The final part of the course sketches a vision of finance in the future including the winners and the losers.
What You Will Learn
– Learners will have a much deeper understanding of both the infrastructure of decentralized finance and the leading applications.
– Articulate the history and origins of decentralized finance
– Define the key components of decentralized finance’s infrastructure
– Explain which problems decentralized finance is designed to solve and how
Skills you will gain
– Smart Contract
– Decentralized Protocols
– Blockchain Mechanics
– Consensus mechanisms
– digital signature
– Address mechanics
– Flash loans
– Bonding curves
– Set Protocol’s tokenization method
– Mechanics of Compound and Aave
There are 4 Courses in this Specialization
1. Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Infrastructure
2. Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Primitives
3. Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Deep Dive
4. Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Opportunities and Risks
Campbell R. Harvey, is Professor of Finance at the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University and a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He served as President of the American Finance Association in 2016. Professor Harvey obtained his doctorate at the University of Chicago in business finance. He has served on the faculties of the Stockholm School of Economics, the Helsinki School of Economics, and the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago. He has also been a visiting scholar at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System…
Offered by Duke University
Author(s): Campbell R. Harvey
Videos Duration: 17h
Total Files: 422 Files, 77 Folders
Course Source: https://www.coursera.org/specializations/decentralized-finance-duke
NOTE: Each course folder zipped due to the files count and large filenames to avoid torrent creation errors, contains all material.